Role: Reconciliation Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: 21 per week
- Own and maintain the daily reconciliation processes to ensure all high volume reconciliations of circa £4-5m balance value, monthly of throughput payment values of £9m and 125k payment volumes, ensuring daily, weekly and monthly receipts and payments received in company bank accounts and client accounts are fully reconciled to customer payment system and nominal ledger and these reconciliation are performed within the agreed SLA’s.
- Identify and Flag required changes to processes to Finance Manager and be the front line person driving in team efficiencies.
- Oversee client invoices and payments for accuracy and completeness for both internal and client requirements.
- Support the Finance Manager in implementing major changes to process and reporting.
- Oversee the day to day management of the team working with the team leader, including the setting and periodic review of objectives and deputising for the Finance Manager where necessary.
- Ensure all reconciliations are processed in a timely manner and that all accounts are reconciled to general ledger and incoming files / customer system. Assisting in the creation of new reconciliations, workflows and refinements and ensuring design of processes and reconciliations optimises efficiency.
- Creation of regular reporting on the status of the reconciliations and determine actions to be undertaken in order to meet internal and clients SLA’s and participates in and completes preparation of minutes of weekly reconciliation review meeting and drives forward the resolution of any issues.
- Provide clear reporting to the Finance Manager to enable escalation of issues to the business where appropriate.
- Proactively work with other areas of the business to resolve outstanding issues, via building excellent links and relationships with the teams within finance and the wider business, specifically operational servicing
- Provide clear guidance for the Reconciliation Analysts, Finance Assistant and Team Leader including reinforcement and reviewing of objectives and is responsible for driving performance improvements and standards.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience and working knowledge of High Volume Reconciliations
- Sound understanding of double entry book-keeping
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude & Strong leadership qualities
- Experience of working within Financial Services
- Experience of working within medium/large companies
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Sound understanding of double entry book-keeping and is studying towards or completed AAT.
- SAGE 50 and SAP experience