Head of IT
Who are First Locate?
Based in Leeds and Scarborough, First Locate deliver market leading services to household utility firms, financial services and government agencies. Managing over £400 million worth of assets and implementing industry best practice ISMS environments.
Our ever-strong client focus, continued investment in people and technology driven focus continues to make us stand out from the competition.
What’s on offer?
You will be joining a young but fast paced organisation that has been leading the industry in several disciplines for many years and yet continues to strive for the next big project that helps us stay ahead of the competition.
As the Head of IT, you will be responsible for overseeing the IT Helpdesk, Infrastructure, and Application functions. Your role is to ensure all business-critical infrastructure systems, services and applications are; secure, monitored, maintained and available to the business. The role will also provide you with growth and challenge – you will be involved in key projects that are vital to the future growth plans of the business.
You will manage a small team, providing performance management and on-going development through delivery of the company appraisal scheme, ensuring performance against objectives and KPIs.
In addition, you will lead the Information Security and PCI programmes ensuring successful audits are completed and passed on an annual basis.
- Lead, manage and coach the current IT department consisting of 4 team members – 2 Seniors and 2 Junior.
- ISO 27001 – act as the Chief Information Security Officer for 1st Locate. Be a single point of knowledge for all information security issues. Ensure all information security policies are reviewed. Lead the annual ISO27001 audits.
- PCI Compliance – ensure appropriate controls are in place regarding PCI compliance. Liaise with all parts of the business ensuring they fully understand their responsibility to PCI compliance. Lead the yearly SAQ assessment and ensure certification is renewed.
- Oversee the IT Helpdesk and Infrastructure to ensure all business-critical systems, services and applications are secure, monitored and maintained and available to the business.
- Business Continuity Planning and DR– ensuring all hardware is fully resilient and capable of protecting business processes.
- Supplier management – negotiating all Telecoms, Hardware, Software and Security contracts.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Experience as an IT manager, preferably within the financial services sector.
- Excellent knowledge of Information Security, business continuity and security controls.
- Extensive experience of working in a support and helpdesk environment.
- Good knowledge of PCI DSS
- Act as a project lead for delivering key IT projects.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills to internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of maintaining ISO 27001 security accreditation
- Be an inspirational leader who can motivate the IT team
- Able to prioritise tasks under pressure.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a range of products, protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Microsoft Server / Windows/SQL OS, Office Productivity Suite, LAN/WAN network design and configuration; transport security including TLS/IPSec, Virtualization (WMware ESX / Veeam), security appliance and services integration, cloud services integration and web applications.
- Relevant IT degree
- Industry standard qualifications – CCNA, MCSA
- Experience and knowledge of PCI DSS
- ISO27001 knowledge
Money, Money, Money
- £32,500- £40,00.00 per annum dependent on experience
- Bonus half yearly and yearly dependent on company performance and individual contribution and performance. On target % for band currently set at 12.5%
- 21 Days annual leave rising after 3 years + 8 Bank Holidays
- Simply Health Rewards Package. Cash back on Optical, Dental, Physiotherapy, Prescription charges and much more. This also includes My Wellbeing Service where you can speak to a GP, Counselling Service, discounted Gym Member
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES