Agile Business Analyst
Who are First Locate?
Based in Leeds and Scarborough, First Locate deliver market leading services to household utility firms, financial services and government agencies. Managing over £400 million worth of assets and implementing industry best practice ISMS environments.
Our ever-strong client focus, continued investment in people and technology driven focus continues to make us stand out from the competition.
What’s on offer?
Due to ongoing growth of the business an exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Agile Business Analyst to join our senior team.
As an Agile Business Analyst at First Locate, you’ll need to be comfortable with breaking down core pieces of work into meaningful slices which our product engineering team can pick up for delivery. In practice, this could mean anything from documenting business processes and workflows, capturing and reporting on experiments, collating and sharing user research feedback, and writing user stories. That’s not all however, you’ll need to be comfortable with the process of discovery. That is, working closely with the with our Operational and Technical leads to figure out how ideas could best be realised – with a focus on meeting our commercial and client needs. It is essential that you can understand the technical development processes and language to successfully communicate with both areas of our business. You will ensure the accurate capture, interpretation, prioritisation and validation of our core technical expectations and requirements.
You will be joining a young but fast paced organisation that has been leading the industry in several disciplines for many years and yet continues to strive for the next big project that helps us stay ahead of the competition.
- Collaborate with Product and delivery teams to ensure the delivery of the products and new features to a high standard, and within agreed timescales and budget.
- Manage change controls that are assigned to you to ensure changes to processes are compliant and delivered on time
- Helping to shape and define team practices and processes to continually improve agile ways of working.
- Working with the business to develop new processes to support the growth of the business
- Responsible for the product’s transition to ‘live’ environments, including capturing and monitoring audience feedback and usage data
- Liaising with internal/external customers to analyse business procedures, clarify internal and client requirements and to define the scope of existing systems and processes
- Mapping existing business models and flows of data; and design functional specifications and test plans for new systems to meet internal and external requirements
- Evaluate information gathered, reconcile conflicts and be able to prioritise requests from the underlying true requirements of the business.
- Fully responsible for the ensuring that solution design and development is proactively communicated to all stakeholders in a timely and transparent fashion
- Be the liaison between the business units and 3rd party business partners, evaluating new tech that is relevant to our future.
- Accountable for the relevant business units or 3rd party providers that have partial or full responsibility of ongoing/live projects, this should include, coaching, guidance and workload management.
- Provide successful co-ordination of business units across multiple teams.
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary teams delivering software projects within a variety of methodologies (particularly Agile).
- Experience in providing relevant data in order to support product decisions based on evidence.
- Ability to simplify complex problems into component parts and evaluate systematically
- Experience of running and facilitating workshops, particularly at Discovery stage
- Experience communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within organisations, including oral and written presentations, proposals and reports.
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts
- Experience gathering, analysing and interpreting product usage data. Desirable
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and a desire to improve the team
- Experience of working in Research & Development, particularly in Product Development
- Experience of influencing stakeholders at all levels
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis (ISEB) practitioner level or above
- Lean Six Sigma
- Use of requirement management and collaboration tools, in particular JIRA and Confluence
- £30K to £40K per annum dependant on experience
- Bonus half yearly and yearly dependant on company performance and individual contribution and performance. On target % for band currently set at 12.5%
- Simply Health scheme