General Manager (Scarborough)
First Locate are currently recruiting for a General Manager to work alongside our Head of Business Optimisation based in Scarborough.
The General Manager will assist with the day-to-day delivery of service to our clients, including some very specific and demanding requirements to ensure our client’s customers receive a high quality, excellent customer experience and delivering right first time.
Our culture is about supporting, empowering and inspiring our people to make a difference. The successful candidate should also be ‘big’ on empowering our people to be the very best they can be.
- Inspire, motivate & lead the teams to deliver an excellent experience.
- Proactively use the campaigns and resource to ensure that we are getting the best use of resources/skill sets.
- Support & challenge the evolving way of thinking, based on experience, to drive performance.
- Ensure that all changes are sustainable & scalable to meet the evolving needs of our existing client base and new clients.
- Manage the implementation of the operational plan for our client to ensure First Locate meets its contractual requirements within the agreed time frames and develop and deliver budgets / forecasts from a P&L perspective.
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of service to ensure our clients are provided with the agreed resources always, and that KPIs are met or exceeded.
- Carry out succession planning
- Ensure clear and accurate communication is cascaded throughout the operational teams, and that good communication links are established with colleagues, and clients.
- Lead by example, be approachable, and demonstrate a “can do” attitude, to develop a culture of working together, as a team to help us achieve the best results.
- Drive empowerment from the top down.
- Essential experience for middle management experience in a service delivery environment, with a demonstrable track record of delivering high quality customer service in demanding environments.
- Experience within the financial service & debt recovery is preferred but not essential
- Commercial awareness and successful financial / budget management.
- Best practice customer service / contact centre experience and delivering high quality results across both voice and non-voice channels
- Experience of working as an outsource partner.
- Experience of interpreting operational data and its effect on customer service.
- Demonstrable track record in driving the best out of people whilst at the same time managing to agreed / business deadlines and targets.
- Strong management skills and proven leadership capability.
- Key focus on people development.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence through clear, informed and logical communications and justifications.
About First Locate
First Locate specializes in customer debt resolution services.
We securely manage and process over £9 million worth of outstanding balances every month for our clients as well as sending over 4 million outbound items of post annually for many of the UK’s largest utility companies, retailers, financial institutions and governmental departments.
Whether it is our pro-active services such as corrections and database cleaning or re-active such as agreeing re-payment schedules or locating ‘gone-aways’ we already have all the systems, procedures and trained staff in place to start processing and preventing outstanding accounts.
Behind every lapse account is a human story.
When we first thought about setting-up First Locate we tried to answer a simple question…
“If we could provide a service to companies that could collect their debts for them AND keep their customers happy, would anyone be interested?”
That was in 1999, nearly two decades later we are processing £millions of lapse account payments every day for our clients; effectively, securely and above all empathetically across several sites.